A bbq pizza stone is an essential tool for achieving that perfect, crispy, and delicious homemade pizza crust.
However, like any kitchen equipment, it requires proper care and maintenance to ensure it serves you well for years to come.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to take care of your pizza stone.
- Don’t soak it in water
- Don’t rub oil into it
- Don’t handle it too much
- Do not use soap
- Don’t shock it with temperature changes
- Clean it when needed
- Store it in the oven
How To Clean a Pizza Stone
- Wait for the stone to cool completely after using it. Rapid temperature changes can cause it to crack.
- Use a dry, stiff brush or a plastic scraper to remove any food residue or excess flour. Do not use soap, as the stone can absorb it and transfer the flavor to your pizza.
- If there are stubborn, stuck-on residues, you can use a damp cloth to wipe the surface gently. However, avoid soaking or submerging the stone in water.
- Allow the stone to air dry completely before storing it.
Don’t rub oil into it
Contrary to some kitchen practices, you should avoid applying oil directly to your pizza stone. The oil can seep into the porous surface and become rancid, affecting the flavor of your future pizzas.
Don’t handle it too much
Try to wipe down your pizza stone after each use when any stuck-on cheese or other debris will be the easiest to scrape off.
This way, you don’t have to deep clean the stone with baking soda and a scraper or brush as frequently — only when food residue really starts to pile up.
Don’t shock it with temperature changes
- Never expose the stone to extreme temperature changes. Always let it cool down gradually after use.
- Don't place a cold stone in a hot oven, and vice versa.
- Avoid putting a frozen pizza on a hot stone, as this can cause sudden temperature changes and lead to cracks.
Don’t soak it in water
When storing your pizza stone, ensure it's completely dry. Moisture can cause the stone to become brittle over time. You can place it in a cool, dry place or even leave it in the oven when not in use。
Using a pizza stone for grill is great for making delicious pizza, but that’s not its only use. You can try making other tasty options on your stone to make the most of this kitchen must-have.
Take advantage of the benefits of cooking on a weber pizza stone、kamado pizza stone、Onlyfire Pizza Grilling Stone and whip up a delicious pie for dinner tonight.